- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 25 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 18, 2005
- R. Lee heads back to Afghanistan in this hour-long episode examining the first front in the war on terror.
- Gunny goes on patrol in Afghanistan in this special episode of MAIL CALL.
- Hosted by real-life "Gunny" R. Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket).
- The ultimate, hands-on survey of military technology and tactics.
- Wake Up, Maggots! With his in-your-face style and unlimited arsenal of military knowledge, retired Marine Sergeant, drill instructor, Vietnam veteran, and actor R. Lee Ermey (Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket) answers your civilian questions in the hit series MAIL CALL. If R. Lee doesn't know the answer, he recruits the top military and civilian experts to fill in the gaps, and he never passes up an opportunity to get his hands dirty in a live-fire exercise.
- In this episode of MAIL CALL, R. Lee returns to Afghanistan and goes on foot patrol into the rural villages surrounding Kabul. Next, Lee rides in the Ch-53 Super Stallion, gets a little trigger time in a Cobra attack helicopter, and test drives the Corps' newest heavy-duty truck, the MTVR. Finally, Lee spends time with the medical corpsman, the lifeline for the Marines in Afghanistan.
- NOTE: The momentary fade-to-black interstitials within this program (used on television to transition to commercial breaks) are completely normal and have been included on the DVD to preserve the original broadcast version of this program. more info